Skip to main content

It is Love

I wish to god I could sing. I really do.
I mean, wouldn't it be glorious to have a rich voice that demands attention like that of Annie Lennox ? I just sooo wish to god again and again. Coming from a family of musicians, it's easy to presume that I'd at least, be confident with a tambourine, but sadly when we gather I never ceased to feel left out as they strum guitars and violins, and sing. On many Friday nights, my brother and Uncle Nat would bring their guitars, violin or a banjo, just to sit at this alley joint near home where they'd entertain some senior citizens. From having no friends there, they now have many. Music brings people together. It's like love. It is Love.

On that note, this is a personal favourite from Lennox' Christmas album from last year. I can safely say it's my most favourite Christmas album.




Don't you just love that voice.

Comments

  1. I, like you absolutely love the voice of Annie Lennox, she's awesome. Saying that I bet you're not as bad a singer as you're saying you are, in my opinion you're not giving yourself enough credit, I bet you have a beautiful voice! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, doesn't sound like fun if everyone else is good in music and you're left out... But I think one of the more important things about music is also having fun, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my mom listens to her music

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also wish I could sing, but I am incredibly and painfully tone deaf. My car doesn't even like it when I sing. But eff you car, I'll belt like a diva in the car if I want to..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore singing. I don't care if other people like it. Singing makes me happy. Call me Annie.

    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sing beautifully. At least that's what I tell myself since I'm a legend in my own mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember a producer of Country music saying everyone could sing, it's just a matter of choosing the right notes for them. Have you ever considered a few singing lessons to explore your potential?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely voice! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. videos aren't working on my computer right now, but i love annie lennox too! and i agree, music IS love :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't sing either, I sound like a cat being hit by a truck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never thought I'd see the day when Annie Lennox put out a Christmas album.

    ReplyDelete
  13. matthew - you're very kind :p but if i can actually sing, i won't be humble or discreet about it. thanks Matthew.

    terra - yes. dancing with the music on...that i love ! :p

    adam - lol. if i had a baby at 20, she'd be 12 now.

    gia - yes! i do that in the car too. eff you car :p

    lola - thats great. music is like endorphins :P

    gb - oh GB. in acting class, they did give us vocal training in case you have potential for musicals, but you know what - i lost my voice after the 2nd day :p

    ReplyDelete
  14. 2 pesos - it does, right !

    interwebs - yeah :p i love everything about that voice.

    kage - music is love :p check it when its working Kage ! :)

    MP - yea, its hard not to ;p

    dwei - maybe not as bad as you think it is :p

    nursie - its all great :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. She does have an amazing voice indeed. I like walking on broken glass.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really can't sing either. Not that that stops me. :-O

    ReplyDelete
  17. http://ashokism.blogspot.com/2005/08/my-singing-debut.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Mean One

WHAT do I do without prompts during sluggish times like this. Thanks to Mama Kat's. I'd share something mean someone had said to me once, and why it has stuck with me after all these years.  You know how some people are plain weird ? The type that others would avoid simply because it's the easy way out around them? I've always thought that some of these individuals are just lonely and they could do with company once in a while. That's how I ended up spending some tea breaks with Madam X because most people just avoided her. So yeah. I took pity. Madam X was a smart lady with just too many personal issues that sometimes screwed up her talents. Often in a dreamy state, she loved talking about the drama that went on in her life and I'd always just listened. She also frequently went off topic and lectured about randoms things like what's inside a computer or the circuit of an electrical device. Now that's clearly not my cup of tea but I'd alway...

Grey Skies and Feeling Blue

Love the pink against the blue  I love this photograph. A friend had put it up on Facebook recently and I fell in love with it  immediately . Blue skies to me, spell nice things and put me in an instant cheery mood. Along with the warmth of the sun on my skin and some wind in my hair, it's easier to smile and look forward to things in a positive light. It gives hope.  Not good at all  The current haze that we're experiencing here is just very disturbing in every way. They say it's due to a forest fire in Indonesia but it feels more like the whole country had burned down or something. The Indonesians must have lungs of steel to withstand a nuclear blast if I can feel this way being 900 miles away from them. My sky is a constant blur of grey it doesn't look well at all. The air has a smoky smell to it and for me, smoky is only good in your BBQ meals. The visibility is as if the Kuala Lumpur skyline has been magically erased off my bedroom window ...

Musical Influences

IT'S a Sunday and I wish I could sing. I was never the singing sort or had a talent for anything musical despite coming from a musically-inclined family. Growing up with lots of music around me, I'd managed to block them all out to some degree. Why? Probably there was too much of it. But some music have stayed on. Like that of Michael Jackson. It didn't help that a family friend at that time just happened to resemble the pop king so much - you know, the look he'd spotted after the first two cosmetic surgeries : still very much him, but just with better defined features without the bleach? Was listening to an album earlier and I've just realised how much I miss MJ's voice. This just makes me want to reach out and touch the edge of that voice to see if it's for real.  I also couldn't block out Boney M (or Abba for that matter). My grandma played them way too much for me to stop their music from sneaking up into my system and staying there fore...