Skip to main content

Itchy and Ticklish

MY left palm is itchy. I'm trying to focus on writing just so I can ignore the desperate urge to scratch the spot between the index finger and thumb. But it's impossible to ignore - like having a cup cake and not eat it. So I bring my right index, middle and ring fingers to relieve the itchy tension but when I do that, it's ticklish. I dont't know if I should laugh or cry! They say an itchy left palm means having to spend more money. Money comes in if it's the right palm that's itching. If your sole is itchy, you are meant for some serious travelling.

Whenever my eye twitched, Grandma told me that I was going to meet someone, and when I was young I actually looked forward to meeting this someone whom I always presumed was a boy. Unfortunately, no boys knocked on the front door over weekends and Johnny Depp never popped out of the idiot box. 

 
Sneezing means someone is thinking of you. But logic says you're probably just catching the bug of the season. Still, I like the idea of being thought of - fondly or otherwise. Makes me smile.

"Someone is bad-mouthing me," mom says each time she bites her tongue or lower lip while chewing on her food.


It happens to her more often than it does to the rest of us in the family. Mom's been using dentures for eternity and over the years, she has had her share of bad and good dentures. My guess is that when she's having a mouthful of food, she gets her allignments wrong, resulting in constant accidental biting of the tongue and lower lip. Besides, I always thought Grandma was more likely a target for bad-mouthers for she was quite straight-forward with her thoughts, and that often got her into misunderstandings with people who didn't know her well enough to ignore or take her opinions in a positive way. She meant well though.

Now my entire palm is itching and I'm also beginning to imagine an itchy sole and back. Perhaps it simply means it's time for me to head home for a hot shower with an anti-bacterial shower gel. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comments

  1. Time for a soothing hand gel. An unrelieved itch can cause desperate behaviour - you might try to stroke a porcupine or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous18 May, 2011

    Hands off Johnny Depp. He's mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only the other day someone held a buttercup under my chin to see if l liked butter or not (if the colour of the flower reflects on your chin, you do).It reflects naturally on every single person.Except if you have a beard. Wierd. You have to love the nonsensical old wive's tales. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. GB: porcupines are hard to come by in this concrete jungle of mine :)

    NM: he's long due for an Oscar. one of the greatest actors of our time if u ask me :)

    NO:11 - i think there must be a reason behind most old wives tales, although the reasons known to us today seem silly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish mine were itchy, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Mean One

WHAT do I do without prompts during sluggish times like this. Thanks to Mama Kat's. I'd share something mean someone had said to me once, and why it has stuck with me after all these years.  You know how some people are plain weird ? The type that others would avoid simply because it's the easy way out around them? I've always thought that some of these individuals are just lonely and they could do with company once in a while. That's how I ended up spending some tea breaks with Madam X because most people just avoided her. So yeah. I took pity. Madam X was a smart lady with just too many personal issues that sometimes screwed up her talents. Often in a dreamy state, she loved talking about the drama that went on in her life and I'd always just listened. She also frequently went off topic and lectured about randoms things like what's inside a computer or the circuit of an electrical device. Now that's clearly not my cup of tea but I'd alway...

Grey Skies and Feeling Blue

Love the pink against the blue  I love this photograph. A friend had put it up on Facebook recently and I fell in love with it  immediately . Blue skies to me, spell nice things and put me in an instant cheery mood. Along with the warmth of the sun on my skin and some wind in my hair, it's easier to smile and look forward to things in a positive light. It gives hope.  Not good at all  The current haze that we're experiencing here is just very disturbing in every way. They say it's due to a forest fire in Indonesia but it feels more like the whole country had burned down or something. The Indonesians must have lungs of steel to withstand a nuclear blast if I can feel this way being 900 miles away from them. My sky is a constant blur of grey it doesn't look well at all. The air has a smoky smell to it and for me, smoky is only good in your BBQ meals. The visibility is as if the Kuala Lumpur skyline has been magically erased off my bedroom window ...

Musical Influences

IT'S a Sunday and I wish I could sing. I was never the singing sort or had a talent for anything musical despite coming from a musically-inclined family. Growing up with lots of music around me, I'd managed to block them all out to some degree. Why? Probably there was too much of it. But some music have stayed on. Like that of Michael Jackson. It didn't help that a family friend at that time just happened to resemble the pop king so much - you know, the look he'd spotted after the first two cosmetic surgeries : still very much him, but just with better defined features without the bleach? Was listening to an album earlier and I've just realised how much I miss MJ's voice. This just makes me want to reach out and touch the edge of that voice to see if it's for real.  I also couldn't block out Boney M (or Abba for that matter). My grandma played them way too much for me to stop their music from sneaking up into my system and staying there fore...