Skip to main content

Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Lengthening Mascara

MASCARAS are like magic wands for the eyes. Run them over the lashes, and your eyes are  pleasantly tranformed for the day. So it's never a bad idea to have too many of it at a time. It's interesting to mix and test different products to maximise lash beauty. When Mich handed me a bunch of the magic wands two weeks ago, I was grinning with glee as I took them :D
I can never have too many of them, and in the following weeks, I found myself getting wasted in them. Having tested a few, Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Lengthening Mascara became an instant favourite.  

The mascara comes in a tube. A soft, metal-like tube, and I find it really interesting. Bobbi Brown Mascara is the first mascara to be packaged in a tube, according to the company. "Bobbi Brown has had success with this mascara because of the formula's characteristics—it functions well in a tube," says Estee Lauder and Beauty Bank package development vice-president Gary Korba. Well then. I guess that must be it.

I love the clay-like creamy texture of the formula. It's not like some runny liquid that takes a few strokes to form a visible impact on the lashes. This formula has more of a clinging power to generously coat, thicken and lengthen at just the first stroke. So you end up with more volume that you bargained for. You can even achieve a dramatic false-eyelash look by applying more coats, especially at the tips. However as you do this, you've got to be a little careful. Don't blink away too much too quickly, as the formula takes a while to dry. Otherwise, you may end up with lash prints on your upper eye lids.

The colour is also intense. Its blackness, fresh like a dark wet stone. It also doesn't appear clumpy or dry, although you may need to use an eye make-up remover to get it off later. For easy removal, I apply the mascara over a basic coat of a separate washable mascara so it washes off without much tug. Another thing about it is its smell (or maybe it's just me). It has a distinct odour that may not exactly be a pleasant scent to those who dislike the intoxicating zing of petrol. I have no issues with it though :) Anyway, the smell is only apparent during application. Minutes later it's gone with the wind.

Well, yes. I'd buy this product. It's lovely and does what it says. If it's not for what it claims, try it for the tube packaging. Then you might find the formula really enhancing !


Comments

  1. hi babe..nice intro there...any samples??? ;-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you ever coyly flutter your eyelids?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley: No samples babe :) but come over, you can sample all of mine .

    GB: Sometimes yes. I might if I ever meet you ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sold. I'm never happy with my mascaras.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds good. I don't wear make up all that often but I'd give this a whirl

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not that I'm interested in mascara, but I noticed you're from Kuala Lumpur. I live in Kuantan, where I've taught English for almost five years.

    Duncan In Kuantan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Mean One

WHAT do I do without prompts during sluggish times like this. Thanks to Mama Kat's. I'd share something mean someone had said to me once, and why it has stuck with me after all these years.  You know how some people are plain weird ? The type that others would avoid simply because it's the easy way out around them? I've always thought that some of these individuals are just lonely and they could do with company once in a while. That's how I ended up spending some tea breaks with Madam X because most people just avoided her. So yeah. I took pity. Madam X was a smart lady with just too many personal issues that sometimes screwed up her talents. Often in a dreamy state, she loved talking about the drama that went on in her life and I'd always just listened. She also frequently went off topic and lectured about randoms things like what's inside a computer or the circuit of an electrical device. Now that's clearly not my cup of tea but I'd alway...

Grey Skies and Feeling Blue

Love the pink against the blue  I love this photograph. A friend had put it up on Facebook recently and I fell in love with it  immediately . Blue skies to me, spell nice things and put me in an instant cheery mood. Along with the warmth of the sun on my skin and some wind in my hair, it's easier to smile and look forward to things in a positive light. It gives hope.  Not good at all  The current haze that we're experiencing here is just very disturbing in every way. They say it's due to a forest fire in Indonesia but it feels more like the whole country had burned down or something. The Indonesians must have lungs of steel to withstand a nuclear blast if I can feel this way being 900 miles away from them. My sky is a constant blur of grey it doesn't look well at all. The air has a smoky smell to it and for me, smoky is only good in your BBQ meals. The visibility is as if the Kuala Lumpur skyline has been magically erased off my bedroom window ...

Musical Influences

IT'S a Sunday and I wish I could sing. I was never the singing sort or had a talent for anything musical despite coming from a musically-inclined family. Growing up with lots of music around me, I'd managed to block them all out to some degree. Why? Probably there was too much of it. But some music have stayed on. Like that of Michael Jackson. It didn't help that a family friend at that time just happened to resemble the pop king so much - you know, the look he'd spotted after the first two cosmetic surgeries : still very much him, but just with better defined features without the bleach? Was listening to an album earlier and I've just realised how much I miss MJ's voice. This just makes me want to reach out and touch the edge of that voice to see if it's for real.  I also couldn't block out Boney M (or Abba for that matter). My grandma played them way too much for me to stop their music from sneaking up into my system and staying there fore...