Skip to main content

Caramel Cream

SOMETIMES our search for something will lead to something else. By chance, we discover new things, ideas, faith, places and people. During my search for the almost extinct Revlon Pressed Power in Caramel (15) recently in Kuala Lumpur (yes, I'm back home for a bit), I discovered the Revlon ColorStay Whipped Foundation, also in Caramel (340). Now I've always used Laura Mercier Tinted Mosturiser for the most of my make-up wearing life and I've believed and still believe in the product. If you ask me, it has to be thee best tinted mosturiser in the world! I prefer it to any other of its kind or foundations. Although I don't wear foundations, I've had the chance to sample some of those in the market, both mid and high end. Perhaps, I don't need as much coverage as some others but I've never been a foundation fan. Most are too heavy, greasy or cakey. Not my cup of tea. 



When I came across Revlon ColorStay Whipped Foundation, I tested it simply because it came in Caramel and two days later, I bought my very first foundation. The thick cream's consistency is like sour cream made from full cream and it spreads like the creamiest peanut butter on the skin. Use your fingers to spread the colour. The warmth of the tips makes blending a pleasure. It's light without drying up or oiling the skin too much. Perfect coverage for uneven skin tones and light markings. I love it because of its colour. This Caramel is one that literally disappears into the skin giving me the joyful right to owning my natural tone. It kind of has a silky matte finish although not entirely matte (I dislike a complete matte finish as it's really unnatural. Some glow and shine is great). With just a touch of blusher and mascara, I have an enviable, air-brushed look that survives sweaty workout sessions. Oh yeah. It also comes with a 24hr staying-power guarantee. 


I'm not saying that it would work and feel the same for all but if you're looking for a foundation that does its job as promised in the ads AND cheap, you could give this a try. I only paid RM68 (US22) for a jar (23.7ml). I don't see myself using this on a daily basis but I suppose I'd use it every now and then during very sweaty events. It's also easily available at your local pharmacies (at this point, it's available. I hate it when companies discontinue really great products just when your life begins to depend on it, urgh!). 

Have fun trying it!
:) 





Comments

  1. I like Make Up For Ever's Body and Face Foundation...it's light,has a gel-like texture, can be layered for more or less coverage and smells like baby powder :)You should try it babe! Only thing is, colors are very limited at Sephora. Only 4 I believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey babes! Gel-like texture is great as well. Make-up forever have some good stuff la. Quite sad though. Limited choice of colours.
      I bought this stuff only cuz of the colour + it's cheap :)

      Delete
  2. It looks like a cake filling! Have you tried tasting it? I suppose you run the risk of some dog licking your face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have attempted that if it smelled good GB!

      Delete
  3. This sounds so good and I'm glad that you love it Jaya! It's name makes it sound literally good enough to eat too haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you found a great way to avoid a sweaty display haha and yeah hate when stuff gets discontinued that you use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i SO hate it, Pat.
      it's just that you have go through the testing process again to find a new one.

      Delete
    2. Discontinued as in.... THIS? Hahaha

      Delete
  5. It looks good. Isn't it fantastic when you discover these products that are like gems in your life? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is an accidental find and yes, what a find!

      Delete
    2. Bring some of those to my special boot camp. Azra is coming too - to laugh some fat off her hips.

      Delete
    3. I'm there like white on rice

      Delete
    4. I like my rice to be steamy and white. White? ;)

      Delete
  6. Wow..nice :)

    It does ook so much like peanut butter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feel odd commenting on this since i know next to nothing about make up. All i remember is a woman i dated spending hours on her 'dark circles' which was just natural pigmentation on her skin under her eyes. I never even noticed them .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't use make-up. In fact, all I use is shampoo, body wash, and hair wax. :|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got no hair, so what are you talking about? ;)

      Delete
  9. If I were to ever use make-up (which some say I should) I'd want to be Mr Caramel himself. So you're back home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jaya, You always make me want to go straight out and buy something. And your yummy food pictures always make me want to eat something!

    You have a skill ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like Revlon products. Maybe I'll give this a try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Healing With Essential Oils

OILS and I go a long way. My mom used a lot of oil on me, growing up. As a teenager, baby oil was my go-to daily face moisturiser. I didn't know then what I know now about synthetic oils but it worked for me. In my early 20s, I fell in love with pure essential oils. I was introduced to the world of Culpeper during work. Then, I was gifted a 50ml bottle of jojoba base oil with two precious bottles of 10ml rose and geranium essentials oils courtesy of Culpeper. I was set for life and I've never looked back ever since. 

Over the years, I have depended on and dwelled solely in beauty oils. Recently, I've started learning about healing through essential oils. It's been a huge eye-opener for me. Essential oils are just not skin deep, they're simply so much more than that. The potent substances extracted through steam distillation from various shrubs, flowers, roots, skin and seeds could have incredible healing powers when used with sensitivity, respect and knowledge. It i…

The Fenty Foundation

I'm breaking the silence for you, Blue Grumpster, with a foundation review, though I'm afraid that Fenty Beauty may not have that cool, sarky blue shade that you are. I can only hope that you're yellow - like me because, let me tell ya, there's a whole lot of delicious, warm shades in that collection of 40 colours. 



So, I've been wearing this stuff for a few days, presenting myself in various, albeit, tropical weather conditions. And, here's what I think. 

Light and non-greasy. Well, it's soft matte. In fact, I expected it to be dry, and flaking off of my skin by midday, but it doesn't. It's light enough for me to gradually build in the kind of coverage I'm looking for, and more importantly, the foundation stays - on my skin, at least. I don't even need to set it with powder, and I love how it refuses to dislodge from my skin, even after a massive sweat session. Truth is, this is probably why I think it's good for me; I'm always sweati…

Hello 2017!

At least this update comes (way) before the first anniversary of my last post. I can live with that. This blog receives a timely jump-start every time I think it's not going to make it. But looking back, I've posted annually since 2010. That isn't too bad considering how I had created it out of complete boredom. So, that can only mean one thing; I've been busy. 

Freelance work was fun for as long as I wanted it but it also made me feel like a hippie. I had too much time on my hands, a wandering mind and a bad neck. That wasn't good, to say the least, but I did enjoy the evenings outdoor, discovering new paths in the quiet forest area not far from where we live, and the freedom I had with time and travel. I spent time like it was some loose change I always had at hand. And then, sometime in mid September, there was a call for work. I felt the conflict in my heart and head. To take the job, or not, because apart from my jungle time sacrifice, there were other things a…