Skip to main content

The Fenty Foundation

I'm breaking the silence for you, Blue Grumpster, with a foundation review, though I'm afraid that Fenty Beauty may not have that cool, sarky blue shade that you are. I can only hope that you're yellow - like me because, let me tell ya, there's a whole lot of delicious, warm shades in that collection of 40 colours. 


Shade 390 (warm) 

So, I've been wearing this stuff for a few days, presenting myself in various, albeit, tropical weather conditions. And, here's what I think. 

Light and non-greasy. Well, it's soft matte. In fact, I expected it to be dry, and flaking off of my skin by midday, but it doesn't. It's light enough for me to gradually build in the kind of coverage I'm looking for, and more importantly, the foundation stays - on my skin, at least. I don't even need to set it with powder, and I love how it refuses to dislodge from my skin, even after a massive sweat session. Truth is, this is probably why I think it's good for me; I'm always sweating, and that makes it a real bang for the buck - RM145 for a 32ml product that comes in the most convenient pump bottle


You get rich, creamy colour with each pump. Since it's a super-quick drying formula, it's best to release the product in small volumes. I like to mix some sunscreen to the foundation before each application because it's a no-SPF deal. Maybe that's a reason why it's not drying up on me. However, the product oxidises like wildfire. Or, melting cotton candy, I don't know which is faster. Ten minutes after application, I'm already seeing tone changes - like a shade or two darker. Like I've spray-tanned the face. And, shade 390, makes me look a tad bit yellow too, like I've just washed my face after a fresh turmeric mask. Not cool. Maybe, I'll need to scale down to shade 370 to see if it's better. Or try a more neutral shade instead. The bad news is though, every shade that's below shade 390 is sold out at the Sephora near me. Wiped out clean there aren't even testers for those! 

All in all, I'll buy this product again if I can find the best shade for me. I like a bit of shine in my foundations and tinted moisturisers, and this product doesn't really give me that. But, there is nothing that can't be fixed with a little highlighter or cream blusher! 



Comments

  1. Sounds like it did the trick. Not sure it will be Blue's shade though lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat :) It almost did the trick. I wonder what's Blue's pantone code :p

      Delete
    2. My pantone code is bluemoon. Wait.... that's my password... um...
      What I can tell you is that it's good to hear your voice again. I pretty much stopped blogging myself for a couple of months because of this insane project I had to finish, which I did a couple of days ago. Frrrrrreee at last. I feel so great I would not even mind trying thr Fenty Foundation. I also know that you don't need makeup. That's a complement.

      Hope you're doing fine.

      Blue

      Delete
  2. Will you be breaking the silence any day soon?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Award on Oscar Day

THANKS for the Kreativ Blogger award on Oscar Day,  Queen Bee . It is sweet to pin a badge like this here and since this is my first award, it's all the more sweet.  With this, I'm required to list out ten random things about myself and later tag six other favourite bloggers.  Let's start with the 10 Random Things :)  1) Diamonds are not for me.  I admire jewelry (fine or otherwise) but I'm not in love with them enough to want to own them. My favourite jewelry is a pair of white pearl stud earrings.  2) I drink water for breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner. It's just a good habit I can't break. I usually write with a bottle of water next to me instead of a mug of coffee.  3) I love balms . Nothing calms me better than a nice balm. It reminds me of my grandma, clears my mind, and puts me to sleep.  4) I keep a hammer in my bedroom.  It came in handy TWICE when the lock jammed. I broke it and set me free. My mother was petrified with the knowledge that m

The Mean One

WHAT do I do without prompts during sluggish times like this. Thanks to Mama Kat's. I'd share something mean someone had said to me once, and why it has stuck with me after all these years.  You know how some people are plain weird ? The type that others would avoid simply because it's the easy way out around them? I've always thought that some of these individuals are just lonely and they could do with company once in a while. That's how I ended up spending some tea breaks with Madam X because most people just avoided her. So yeah. I took pity. Madam X was a smart lady with just too many personal issues that sometimes screwed up her talents. Often in a dreamy state, she loved talking about the drama that went on in her life and I'd always just listened. She also frequently went off topic and lectured about randoms things like what's inside a computer or the circuit of an electrical device. Now that's clearly not my cup of tea but I'd alway

From Doha, With Love : Minimal Changes

SO I've been to Doha a few times already by now. Minimal or no changes at all on this flat land of sand and sandstorms, except that the population seemed to have increased by god-knows-how-many-folds judging from the volume of people seen at the popular Souk Waqif in the city centre two days ago. It's like people have multiplied like the sea sands. The last few times I was there, I remember liking the place for what it was - a perfect venue to people-watch, smoke Shisha and be a tourist. Now I don't know if that's a good thing... ...if there aren't enough social venues for this astounding volume! Perhaps, I'm a little spoiled coming from a city where food is available 24 hours a day, with freedom of alcohol consumption at random bistros and cafes and to do just about everything I wished for in a cultural setting that doesn't stare at me like I'm some kind of a three-eyed monster. I suppose people here are just a curious bunch given the potpourri of