Skip to main content

Healing With Essential Oils

OILS and I go a long way. My mom used a lot of oil on me, growing up. As a teenager, baby oil was my go-to daily face moisturiser. I didn't know then what I know now about synthetic oils but it worked for me. In my early 20s, I fell in love with pure essential oils. I was introduced to the world of Culpeper during work. Then, I was gifted a 50ml bottle of jojoba base oil with two precious bottles of 10ml rose and geranium essentials oils courtesy of Culpeper. I was set for life and I've never looked back ever since. 

Over the years, I have depended on and dwelled solely in beauty oils. Recently, I've started learning about healing through essential oils. It's been a huge eye-opener for me. Essential oils are just not skin deep, they're simply so much more than that. The potent substances extracted through steam distillation from various shrubs, flowers, roots, skin and seeds could have incredible healing powers when used with sensitivity, respect and knowledge. It is also very important that oils used are 100% pure, free of chemicals in the whole process of deriving it starting from the soil and planting. An adulterated oil can cause harm besides having no therapeutic effects. 

With much reading and research, I've discovered something for hearing loss. It's in the essential oil, Helichrysum. There have been some wonderful testimonials in which individuals with hearing loss have regained all or partial hearing through daily application of this oil. Interesting and hopeful, I've just placed an order for Helichrysum. I've known Helichrysum as Immortelle, which is used in cosmetics and marketed for its anti-ageing properties. Discovering it for hearing loss is a surprise for me. 

Helichrysum is typically used for blood clots, skin conditions, circulatory disorders and arterialsclerosis. It is also known to regenerate nerves. So it may work for sensorineural hearing loss where nerves in the inner ear are damaged. The essential oil, however, does not work for hearing loss caused by damaged middle ear bones. In my previous post about my hearing loss, I was told that I had otosclerosis, a condition in which hearing loss is attributed to the faulty middle ear bones. Months later, I learnt that my condition is more consistent with sensorineural hearing loss. Turned out, I was misdiagnosed by the first few doctors I saw. 


Loving these essential oils

Yesterday, I began my healing journey with essential oils. I don't have Helichrysum in my possession yet but I have the other oils which are to work along with it for the purpose. I've started applying 50:50 diluted Juniper and Peppermint to my left outer ear, twice a day; morning and night. I gently massage my ear by pulling it upwards, sidewards and downwards, 10 times at each direction. I also apply some at the back of my neck. At night, I also layer it with Lavender, neat.  The side effect is that I'm sleeping well. 

Let's see how this works out. I understand that hearing loss is a complicated condition. The situation may or may not improve but I suppose it's worth a try. The oils are wonderful to my volatile Cancerian moods in any case! 

xx





Comments

  1. I hope this procedure works for you. When The Hurricane visited me a couple of years ago, she was very upset because a mosquito or something bit the sole of her foot (they don't have mosquitoes where she lives). I put lavender on the bite. It helped with the itching, and it calmed her.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Janie. essential oils are powerful. we just need to give them a chance. hope this works for me, and even if it doesn't, i still like them on me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay I found another oil nut ! I hope the oils help as I know they surely will. Nothing like natural remedies. I've never bought Culpeper oils but I must admit having gone overboard with first young living and now doterra oils. I even splurged on the aroma ace diffuser (which charmingly or not looks like a c**k end hehehe or is it my overactive imagination). Do update ya ! Sending good thoughts your way DZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! it's so easy to fall under the spell of these oils, isn't it? young living oils are of exceptional quality. i so love them. i also use a ton of Neal's Yard but have not tried Doterra oils. will check on it :) thank you! i can feel the vibes heading my way already xx

      Delete
  4. Haven't tried many oils, only one I've used a bunch is coconut oil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a great oil. best when it's cold-pressed and organic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I hope it works, Jaya! I love oils too, particularly lavender and rose. I'm up for some aromatherapy massage practice if you need bodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love rose and jasmine. lavender, only when diluted enough :) hahahaha. we could both get aromatherapy massages with someone who needs bodies! x

      Delete
  7. Well what do you know... healing through essential oils. I wish there were an oil to get rid of this sound I hear 24/7: SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Too bad it has nothing to do with my ears.

    There is so much we don't know yet, and I bet it's just sitting out there waiting to be discovered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tinnitus? mine started the moment the hearing went off. helichrysum is supposed to work for that as well. while i believe it wont completely cut off sounds but who knows! no harm trying :)

      exactly :)

      Delete
    2. Tinnitus... exactly. And it's loud. Helichrysum? I had no idea. Thanks!

      Delete
  8. It is two years ago that you posted this blog and describe the same conditions that I am suffereing from. I would love to know if there was an improvement in your hearing. I just started massaging with Helicrysum oil last night so waiting to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison. Thanks for stopping by here. And sorry to hear about your condition. It's disabling sometimes but i've learnt to live with it. I used Helicrysum and realised that I heard a faintest buzz when I had the phone on my ear after the first bottle. I was overjoyed but for me it stopped there. It didn't get to a point where I regained a bit of hearing so I could use hearing aid. But that's just for me. You could try and see how it works for you! Hope this helps. x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Award on Oscar Day

THANKS for the Kreativ Blogger award on Oscar Day,  Queen Bee . It is sweet to pin a badge like this here and since this is my first award, it's all the more sweet.  With this, I'm required to list out ten random things about myself and later tag six other favourite bloggers.  Let's start with the 10 Random Things :)  1) Diamonds are not for me.  I admire jewelry (fine or otherwise) but I'm not in love with them enough to want to own them. My favourite jewelry is a pair of white pearl stud earrings.  2) I drink water for breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner. It's just a good habit I can't break. I usually write with a bottle of water next to me instead of a mug of coffee.  3) I love balms . Nothing calms me better than a nice balm. It reminds me of my grandma, clears my mind, and puts me to sleep.  4) I keep a hammer in my bedroom.  It came in handy TWICE when the lock jammed. I broke it and set me free. My mother was petrified with the knowledge that m

The Mean One

WHAT do I do without prompts during sluggish times like this. Thanks to Mama Kat's. I'd share something mean someone had said to me once, and why it has stuck with me after all these years.  You know how some people are plain weird ? The type that others would avoid simply because it's the easy way out around them? I've always thought that some of these individuals are just lonely and they could do with company once in a while. That's how I ended up spending some tea breaks with Madam X because most people just avoided her. So yeah. I took pity. Madam X was a smart lady with just too many personal issues that sometimes screwed up her talents. Often in a dreamy state, she loved talking about the drama that went on in her life and I'd always just listened. She also frequently went off topic and lectured about randoms things like what's inside a computer or the circuit of an electrical device. Now that's clearly not my cup of tea but I'd alway

Me, Myself and I

LOVELY Miss  Azra  has tagged me. It's fun once in a while to do this sort of thing and questions here seem doable too. I'll try to keep my answers short and sweet, resisting the urge to ramble since it's all about Me, Myself and I ! 1. What is your favourite saying, or motto ?  It doesn't matter. Don't worry about it.  Basically, I just try to see the positives in most shitty situations. Realistically.   2. What is your dream job ?  It ranges from being a tour guide, a travel writer and a secret agent to a medical rep, a rose picker for Chanel gardens in France and an English teacher to those under 12. I'm allergic to teenagers. 3. What part of the world do you have little interest in travelling to ? And which part of the world is next on your list ?  I have little interest in Jakarta and Bangladesh, or any place where the temperature is -45 Deg Celcius for most of the year.  My dream destination is Africa. Next on list is either Africa or New York