Skip to main content

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate

I'VE always been fond of oils. The good kind that doesn't settle in your underarms and abdominal area to create that jiggle factor of course! When I was a kid, my mom used to douse me, body and face, in Johnson's Baby Oil. I went to school with Johnson's on my skin, and I continued using it into my early 20s. For those who're wondering...No. It didn't leave my face oily because I usually had a thin layer of talcum over it. 

Culpeper Oils 
Culpeper replaced Johnson's when I started working. I got a big bottle of Jojoba Oil as the base, which I mixed with drops of Rose Geranium and Lavendar oils, batch by batch. Sometimes I also added my treasured Rose Oil. So I went to bed each night with this mix on my skin and my friends were like 'I can't believe you intentionally slather oil onto your face!'. 

But I do because oil on skin is soothing + I love the mosturised feel it gives my skin in the mornings. Meandering through the skincare section of a mall last year, I came upon something I've grown to love even more. Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. It's like a genie in a bottle, a little magic for your skin. What a find! 

Midnight Recovery Concentrate - I love the sound of it !

The product is a mix of several essential oils including Jojoba, Geranium, Rose, *Lavender and Jasmine - some of my favourites. So you can pretty much imagine the soothing scent that hovers over your face as you fall asleep. You have some aromatherapy there. The application calls for just two drops of the elixir dabbed onto the skin (although I often over do it with three really fat drops, or more). I love its light texture and how quickly it gets absorbed into the skin. Like what it says on the bottle, I do find my skin to be visibly fresher and rejuvenated in the morning with a dewy glow. Even after a year, I still look forward to my nightly routine with this product. More than anything, the Midnight Recovery Concentrate is simply therapeutic. 

Some argue it's expensive, and mind you, these are people who spend half a paycheck on luxury creams that contain crushed pearls and whatnot. Well, I beg to differ. I think the product is a great buy- it's been a year and my bottle is still half full, considering my careless, extravagant ways :) 

Give it a try. It's a good start for those who are switching from creams to oil!

*I dislike Lavender on its own. Same reason why I don't fancy Camomile tea although it is said to be calming



Comments

  1. Hmm the cat has never used a cream or an oil, but if one day I need to use one I'll keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not even a chapstick ?? if i lived in your weather conditions, i will crack and break, Pat.
      :)

      Delete
  2. I just don't use enough bath oils and creams Jaya but this post has really encouraged me to use some in the future, their relaxation properties sound incredible and like Pat I'm just going to keep this in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its just a personal preference, Matthew. i guess we dont use products unless we need them. i need these oils because my skin is probably a little more on the dry side, but it's generally fuss-free skin.
      :)

      Delete
  3. I heard a rumour that some women use coconut oil as a cosmetic. Is there any truth to this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course it is. it's a great mosturiser. some use it on the body briefly before shower, but i just prefer to use it on my hair just an hour before i wash it. makes the hair really smooth and soft.

      Delete
  4. I love the scent of Sandalwood. It's soothing... and there's another one I love, I just can't remember what it is. I'm a sucker for all kinds of oils and lotions and great smelling stuff :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i also love the scent! it's pretty stimulating :) yep, i love all great smelling stuff as well. my all time fav are rose and lily of the valley :p

      Delete
  5. The wife always buys massage oils...I think she's hinting at something

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should create an oil combination and sell it, Jaya. It's perfectly obvious that you are an expert on oils.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'll put some thought into that, Janie.
      sounds like a plan i could work :)

      Delete
  7. I love the scent of aromatherapy oils but i hate the feeling of oil on my skin... However i do use coconut oil as makeup remover and i must admit, it does my skin a world of good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah. like just now at the massage place ! i feel better now that i have showered.
      :) i love the smell of fresh coconut oil but i dont see myself going around with it on me for the day.

      Delete
  8. Hi, you make these oils sound very appealing! I guess I could do witj looking after my skin a bit more..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you could, Duncan! ultimately, i suppose these oils just help us to de-stress the skin and mind.
      :)

      Delete
  9. I love you Jaya. I absolutely ADORE oils and now I have to go and buy this. My favourite smells are lavender and rose. Ahhhh...sniff...ahhhh... anyway there's also a great one by L'Occitane called immortelle. I nearly cried when I first owned a bottle of this oil. I swear to God I got facially younger DAILY. Now the problem is I have just seen the new Polaroid camera and I WANT IT. But now I WANT THIS TOO. I can't have both...can I?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh Juliette. i know immortelle. the very first time i saw and heard the story of immortelle - the yellow flowers , i fell in love with it but i never got around buying it though. i like the idea of getting facially younger :)
      one at a time.
      polaroid camera in sept and this oil in oct :p

      Delete
    2. That sounds fair! Thank you Jaya! :)

      Delete
  10. Wow, u knw so much on this... I really need advice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know Raj. good oils are good :) simple advice.

      Delete
    2. You wait your turn, now, R-a-J! Hi there, Jaya J. People have been telling me I look tired and squidgy round the edges. Do you reckon I should buy myself some oil? ;)

      Delete
    3. Never too late for ya, RC. afterall you're JUST 9 years older than me and that's really very young. life has just begun !
      :p

      Delete
  11. my mom loves their products,too bad. they are costly..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Award on Oscar Day

THANKS for the Kreativ Blogger award on Oscar Day,  Queen Bee . It is sweet to pin a badge like this here and since this is my first award, it's all the more sweet.  With this, I'm required to list out ten random things about myself and later tag six other favourite bloggers.  Let's start with the 10 Random Things :)  1) Diamonds are not for me.  I admire jewelry (fine or otherwise) but I'm not in love with them enough to want to own them. My favourite jewelry is a pair of white pearl stud earrings.  2) I drink water for breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner. It's just a good habit I can't break. I usually write with a bottle of water next to me instead of a mug of coffee.  3) I love balms . Nothing calms me better than a nice balm. It reminds me of my grandma, clears my mind, and puts me to sleep.  4) I keep a hammer in my bedroom.  It came in handy TWICE when the lock jammed. I broke it and set me free. My mother was petrified with the knowledge that m

The Mean One

WHAT do I do without prompts during sluggish times like this. Thanks to Mama Kat's. I'd share something mean someone had said to me once, and why it has stuck with me after all these years.  You know how some people are plain weird ? The type that others would avoid simply because it's the easy way out around them? I've always thought that some of these individuals are just lonely and they could do with company once in a while. That's how I ended up spending some tea breaks with Madam X because most people just avoided her. So yeah. I took pity. Madam X was a smart lady with just too many personal issues that sometimes screwed up her talents. Often in a dreamy state, she loved talking about the drama that went on in her life and I'd always just listened. She also frequently went off topic and lectured about randoms things like what's inside a computer or the circuit of an electrical device. Now that's clearly not my cup of tea but I'd alway

Me, Myself and I

LOVELY Miss  Azra  has tagged me. It's fun once in a while to do this sort of thing and questions here seem doable too. I'll try to keep my answers short and sweet, resisting the urge to ramble since it's all about Me, Myself and I ! 1. What is your favourite saying, or motto ?  It doesn't matter. Don't worry about it.  Basically, I just try to see the positives in most shitty situations. Realistically.   2. What is your dream job ?  It ranges from being a tour guide, a travel writer and a secret agent to a medical rep, a rose picker for Chanel gardens in France and an English teacher to those under 12. I'm allergic to teenagers. 3. What part of the world do you have little interest in travelling to ? And which part of the world is next on your list ?  I have little interest in Jakarta and Bangladesh, or any place where the temperature is -45 Deg Celcius for most of the year.  My dream destination is Africa. Next on list is either Africa or New York